Well, technically that’s true. I am a mom, and I’m also a blogger. But I’m not a fan of labels. So let’s just say that I’m here because parenting and motherhood are both parts fun and hard, and I want to share what I’ve been learning. Plus, I also want to know if there are parents out there who have a similar set-up as ours.
Before I dive into my life as a mom, I want to make clear what you will and will not see on this site. If you’re here for:
- learning about homeschooling and what it’s like for a family who’s just starting out with it
- fun activities and places you can visit as a family
- easy recipes and many kitchen misadventures
- musings about balancing a career and motherhood (and struggling to find a social life)
- practical tips about staying sane (and keeping your style)
- easy beauty hacks anyone who doesn’t have an hour in the morning to spare can do
…you came to the right place.
However, if you’re looking for our kid’s milestones and what I think about her growing up so fast — oh my gosh, Cadence, hold up — this isn’t really the space for it. What? A mom blog without posts on how the thought of my daughter getting older scares the heck out of me? Uh, yeah. No. I did do that for a personal blog I once kept but was told I was overreacting. I know, someone’s comment shouldn’t be the reason I stop what I’m doing but it also made me think about how much I was sharing and if it were healthy for my daughter. ‘Cos, you know, she’s a minor and all. So I’ll try to keep this helpful but also keep the parts directly involving my daughter to a minimum.
With that out of the way, I’d like to welcome you to Mad Cherry Mom. Let’s learn this parenting thing together!